Non-Drug Treatments For Pain
Non-drug treatments for pain can help with reduce your pain. It is important to check with your health care provider before trying any of them:
- Acupuncture involves stimulating acupuncture points. These are specific points on your body. There are different acupuncture methods. The most common one involves inserting thin needles through the skin. Others include using pressure, electrical stimulation, and heat. Acupuncture is based on the belief that qi (vital energy) flows through the body along paths, called meridians. Practitioners believe that stimulating the acupuncture points can rebalance the qi. Research suggests that acupuncture can help manage certain pain conditions.
- Biofeedback techniques use electronic devices to measure body functions such as breathing and heart rate. This teaches you to be more aware of your body functions so you can learn to control them. For example, a biofeedback device may show you measurements of your muscle tension. By watching how these measurements change, you can become more aware of when your muscles are tense and learn to relax them. Biofeedback may help to control pain, including chronic headaches and back pain.
- Electrical stimulation involves using a device to send a gentle electric current to your nerves or muscles. This can help treat pain by interrupting or blocking the pain signals. Types include
- Transcutaneous electrical stimulation (TENS)
- Implanted electric nerve stimulation
- Deep brain or spinal cord stimulation
- Massage therapy is a treatment in which the soft tissues of the body are kneaded, rubbed, tapped, and stroked. Among other benefits, it may help people relax, and relieve stress and pain.
- And more!
Read more at: https://medlineplus.gov/nondrugpainmanagement.html
What makes us different?
It is the people who make Bay State Pain Associates what it is and we are extremely proud of the achievements of our staff. We all work together to help our patients through recovery, providing the best possible care.
Dr. Algendy uses the latest technology in neuromodulation, Discectomy, and Kyphoplasty.
NO MORE PAPERWORK
Patients have the option to receive all of their needed documents through the patient portal.
TOTAL PROVIDER ACCESS
Dr. Sherif Algendy is available through phone, fax, E-mail, and our patient portal
We are conveniently located off of 106 in Bridgewater and off of route 1 in Norfolk.
AWARD WINNING CARE
Dr. Algendy has been ranked in the top 10 pain management doctor by Vitals.
Dr Algendy is a highly rated, board certified physician who was trained at the world renowned institutions including Colombia and Cornell University. BSP assembled an outstanding team to ensure that you receive a state of the art care with the latest technologies.
Making an appointment with us here at Bay State Pain Management is effortless. We minimize wait time by contacting insurance companies daily for appointment authorizations.
ONGOING PATIENT SUPPORT
At Bay State Pain Management we are always available to take care of your personal needs. We are available through phone, fax, E-Mail, or our patient portal. We don’t send out patients to the ER unless it is a true emergency.